We want to set up a cooperative which offers just, equitable, transparent and democratic solidarity and is owned by the members i.e. “One member, one vote”.
We are an elite team working together to:
- offer competitive salaries and fringe benefits;
- provide high quality customer services;
- to work as a team in a respectful, enjoyable and humane environment;
- to develop a relationship of trust with the members of the cooperative;
- to share our good fortune with the community, charities and freeware projects on which we rely.
Belief that all should be treated equitably. This includes equality, non-discrimination and inclusion.
The cooperative has a long term vision. We monitor profits and spend wisely; we help and look after one another; we support the tools on which we depend; we encourage sharing between the client and the cooperative;
We communicate in an honest and authentic fashion. All information and processes which can be made available will be shared;
Establish an environment and a work atmosphere which will encourage members to work and have fun;
Be flexible, responsive and evolutionary, particularly with members of the cooperative.
In addition to answering to customers’ needs, we insure that software is well designed.
Practical tools help us respect our principles.
- Transparency of the cooperative i.e. all information and processes which can be made available will be shared;
- Choices of licences which can benefit the co-op. its members, its partners and society in general; free software and free licences will be favoured;
- Sharing of surpluses with noble causes;
- Not to try changing people but rather make maximum use their strength by skirting their weaknesses;
- Prefer working with people who share our values.
- Promote proven quality control practices, such as Test-Driven Development, formal code reviews and other “agile” techniques.
Inspired by «The Hacking Business Model» from Zak Greant and Michael Widenius.